Job opportunity: Investment Analyst – Korys Private Equity – Energy Team
Korys, the investment structure of the Colruyt family, is looking for an Investment Analyst to support the Energy Team with its private equity/venture capital activities. The Energy Team focuses mainly on direct investments related to the energy transition (either enabling technologies or infrastructure assets), but also manages a portfolio of fund investments, complementary to its portfolio of direct investments.
As Investment Analyst, you will assist in sourcing and analysing new investment opportunities. Your focus will be on venture capital investments in technology companies that facilitate the energy transition, but we expect you to also support our infrastructure activities on an ad-hoc basis.
Responsibilities and involvement through the entire investment cycle:
- As part of the deal team, screening of potential investment opportunities incl. pre-investment analysis (technology, market, competitive position and strategy, financial analysis, and valuation modelling) and deaflow reporting
- Draft internal presentations and memoranda to support investment discussions
- Industry mapping, developing and structuring market knowledge by analysing information, attending seminars, outreach to Korys network, etc.
- Support in investment follow-up & administration (portfolio monitoring, assistance in strategic support to portfolio companies)
- Close interactions with Investment Managers & Directors, participation in discussions with Korys stakeholders and the Colruyt Group and developing a network of contacts for the energy investment sector
A successful candidate for this Investment Analyst position will have the following characteristics:
- A master’s degree in economics, finance or business administration
- 2-3 years of professional experience, preferably in investments, mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance
- Excellent analytical skills with previous exposure to finance and/or investments in general
- Fluency in English, Dutch and French
- Strong interest in the renewable energy sector
- Enthusiastic, open-minded, flexible, and eager to learn. Team player with strong interpersonal skills and commercial flair. Down-to-earth attitude, willingness to roll up the sleeves with ability to work autonomously
- Adherence to the highest ethical standards
Unique opportunity to join a dynamic organisation with short decision lines and an open and direct corporate culture.
An employee of Korys is offered the possibilities to grow continuously as a professional in a stimulating business environment. Korys offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
To apply: please e-mail your CV and cover letter to the Energy Team (email@example.com).