Job opportunity: controller at Korys
Korys, the investment company of the Colruyt family, is looking for a controller.
As Controller, you will be responsible for collecting, reporting and analysing sustainability and financial data to drive business decisions, as well for the adequate housekeeping of financial transactions. You will be part of a close-knit team within a dynamic organisation, which values initiative and personal development. And, you will get to know different companies in different industries. The learning curve will be steep, though you will be supported along the way by fantastic colleagues and experts.
Responsibilities and involvement:
- Monitor operations, financial health and sustainability by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data
- Support the periodic valuation of the Company’s investments and Korys itself
- Support year-end closing and preparation of the consolidated financial statements and interacting with external auditors
- Support internal controls by monitoring, and enforcing internal procedures and controls
- Ensure compliance with tax and legal requirements by studying and anticipating future legislation, and advise management on needed actions
- Ensure adequate corporate housekeeping of investment files and financial transactions
- Relationship manager for IT with our external partner
- Close collaboration with the colleagues within Korys
We are looking for someone who has the following characteristics:
- A Master’s degree in Economics or Finance
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience
- Fluency in Dutch, French and English
- Software skills: Microsoft Office 365, reporting and/or accounting tools
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic attitude, open-minded, flexible and eager to learn
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- High sense of confidentiality and adherence to the highest ethical standards and to Korys values
- Unique opportunity to join a dynamic organisation with short decision lines and an open and direct culture.
- An employee of Korys is offered the possibilities to grow continuously as a professional in a stimulating business environment.
- Korys offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, with the possibility to work one day a week from home.
Korys is the investment company of the Colruyt family (www.korys.be), based in Halle. It has more than EUR 4 billion of assets under management. Besides holding a significant participation in the Colruyt Group, a leading retail company in Belgium and France, it actively manages participations in privately held companies and in private equity funds. Korys has also set up proprietary funds to manage its portfolio of listed investments. Across its activities, Korys’ investment decisions are taken with a long-term perspective and on basis of strict social (People), ecological (Planet) and economic (Prosperity) criteria, whilst acting constructively (Peace) and in collaboration (Partnership). Korys aims to create sustainable value by building an ecosystem around 3 major investment areas: Healthy Living, Energy Transition and Conscious Consumer. To achieve this, Korys can count on a motivated team of 25+ professionals.